Boris Johnson announces new national lockdown
According to Prime Minister Boris Johnson in his address to the nation yesterday evening, more than 80,000 people tested positive for coronavirus across the UK on December 29. This terrifying figure is a record high for the UK and has led the PM to put the nation into a lockdown. At present, Wales is still in Tier 4 but England, Scotland and Northern Ireland are all in full lockdown. This means non-essential shops are closed and people can only leave their homes for a few reason. Are The Range and Dunelm open in the UK full lockdown?
A third national lockdown was announced by Boris Johnson last night in a TV broadcast from Downing Street.
The Prime Minister said: “In England, we must therefore go into a national lockdown which is tough enough to contain this variant.
“That means the Government is once again instructing you to stay at home.”
From now on, you may only leave your home for “limited reasons permitted in law” such as to shop for essentials, to work if you absolutely cannot work from home, to exercise, to seek medical assistance such as getting a Covid test, or to escape domestic abuse.
READ MORE- Is Argos open in new national lockdown?
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
What does this mean for The Range and Dunelm?
The deciding factor on whether The Range and Dunelm can stay open is whether or not the Government deems their products as essentials.
Businesses considered to provide essential goods and services can stay open- this includes but isn’t limited to:
- essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres, building merchants and suppliers of building products and off-licences
- market stalls selling essential retail may also stay open
- businesses providing repair services may also stay open, where they primarily offer repair services
- petrol stations, automatic (but not manual) car washes, vehicle repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses
- banks, building societies, post offices, short-term loan providers and money transfer businesses
- funeral directors
- laundrettes and dry cleaners
- medical and dental services
- vets and retailers of products and food for the upkeep and welfare of animals
- animal rescue centres, boarding facilities and animal groomers (may continue to be used for animal welfare, rather than aesthetic purposes)
- agricultural supplies shops
- mobility and disability support shops
- storage and distribution facilities
- car parks, public toilets and motorway service areas
- outdoor playgrounds
- outdoor parts of botanical gardens and heritage sites for exercise
- places of worship
- crematoriums and burial grounds
Is The Range open in the UK full lockdown?
The Range is remaining open during the lockdown.
A statement on the site states: “As we stock thousands of essential everyday products across 184 stores, we received confirmation from Trading Standards that we could remain open during the first lockdown.
“We can confirm that, just like the first time, all our stores will remain open during the current lockdown and continue to trade our full offer in a safe and responsible way.
“As a value retailer, we understand that a lot of our customers rely on us to provide essential items like groceries, pet care products, non-prescription medicines, toiletries, and cleaning items, at the low prices that they need right now.
“We’ve continued to work hard at providing safe access to all these necessities under one roof.”
Is Horse Racing cancelled? Will Horse Racing continue in lockdown? [INFORMER]
Supermarket lockdown rules: Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Aldi and Lidl guidance [EXPLAINER]
Can garden centres open in lockdown? [INSIGHT]
Citizens of the Republic of Ireland and Wales who are not in lockdown can also use the Reserve and Collect system which means you can reserve items online for free and pay on collection.
Things won’t be exactly the same though, with all The Range stores operating under strict rules.
The site explains: “Our store teams are taking all the necessary actions needed to help ensure the safety of our customers and colleagues during this time, including enhanced cleaning routines, wearing PPE, and social distancing.”
Customers and staff will need to socially distance and customers will need to wear a face covering at all times while shopping.
It is also preferable for customers to pay by contactless card to reduce the risk of contamination.
Is Dunelm open in the UK full lockdown?
No, Dunelm is not able to stay open during the UK full lockdown – in England, Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland.
The site explains: “Sadly change is inevitable during these difficult times, but that doesn’t make it any easier to share our latest update with you.
“In line with the latest Government announcements, all of our stores are now closed, however we still have many ways you can shop with us including contact-free Click & Collect and Home delivery across England, Scotland & Wales.”
Click & Collect and home delivery are available in England, Scotland and Wales but not in Northern Ireland.
In light of the update, the returns policy has been pushed back to 28 days after your store has re-opened.
Source: Read Full Article