NEXT Friday is national Christmas Jumper Day where the nation unites to raise cash for Save the Children.
Simply sign up at www.christmasjumperday.org, don your festive sweater and donate £2 to take part.
Needy kids all over the world will benefit – and you’ll get into the Christmas spirit in the cosiest way.
But you’ll need a woolly to wear – and this year there’s never been a bigger choice from traditional to trendy Xmas togs.
So forget your Nan’s knit and splash out on one of my gorgeous picks below, all at under £15
BABIES: Elf Velour Sleepsuit, sizes newborn to 18 months, £7 from Nutmeg at Morrisons
TODDLERS: Christmas Penguin Jumper, nine months to three years. From £9 to 310 at Matalan
CHILDREN: Cream Fair Isle Polar Bear Jumper, ages 1 to 7, from £11 to £13 from Tu at Sainsbury’s
TEENS: Grey Splatter Print Christmas Sweatshirt, £6.75 from George at Asda
MUM: Gem detail Christmas Tree Jumper, £15 from Nutmeg at Morrisons
DAD: Snowman Christmas Jumper, £7.99 at Aldi
PETS: Christmas Pudding Dog Jumper, from £10 to £12 at Pets at Home
PJS: ‘Family of Christmas’ Slogan Pyjamas, £8 for kids and £12 for adults. Available in red / pink and blue / green from Nutmeg at Morrisons
Prices correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
CRUNCH DOWN THE COSTS
1. Strapped for cash? Customise a plain woolly by pinning on Xmas baubles and tinsel.
2. The top from a fleecy festive PJ set can double up as a jumper.
3. Organised a ‘swap and share’ party with friends and family so you get a second-hand – but new to you – sweater.
4. Kids outgrown their old jumpers? Sell on and use the cash to buy a new one.
WEBSITE OF THE WEEK
SPENT big on the Black Friday blow-out? Then it’s time to think small.
This weekend sees Small Business Saturday, an annual event designed to both support and celebrate small businesses across the UK.
Each year around £1.1 billion is spend with the nation’s six million small firms, helping keep our local high streets alive.
This year the event promises to be bigger than ever, with 51 per cent of Brits saying they back small firms more than ever following the pandemic. Three fifths of all UK jobs are with small firms so shopping with them keeps friends and family in work too
Director of Small Business Saturday UK, Michelle Ovens CBE, explains: “Small firms are at the absolute heart of our communities.
We all know how much we rely on them – particularly over the last eighteen months – but we must show it too. While we’re in a more positive place now, many small businesses are still struggling to get back on their feet, and very much need our support.”
How to Shop With Small Businesses for Families on a Budget
1. Shift the way you spend – there’s no need to spend more. Commit to spending a small amount each week with a small business. If we all spent £1 of our existing budget each week, it would make a big difference.
2. Buy vouchers from local business to give as gifts this Christmas to family and friends.
3. Shop across the country. Many small firms now offer online services and shopping too, so you can compare costs and services as you would with big companies. Check the Business Finder at https://smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com/small-business-finder to support
Source: Read Full Article