PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle must now "ask permission" if they wish to stay on any of the Royal Estate in the future.
The issue came to light earlier this month when the Duke flew into London for the WellChild awards and snubbed King Charles' olive branch offer to stay at Balmoral.
King Charles was said to be ready to forgive his son for public criticism of the Royal Family.
But Harry instead asked if he could bunk at Windsor Castle or anywhere else on the Royal Estate, The Telegraph reports.
A visit to Windsor Castle would mean Harry could visit The Queen's grave on September 8, the first anniversary of her death.
But the Duke's request for a stay on the Royal Estate was reportedly rejected, the paper claims.
The 39-year-old was allegedly told he would also need to give notice and put in a formal request if he wanted a room in the future.
The Duke – who lost a bid for UK police protection in May – was forced to stay in a hotel for the night, complicating security arrangements.
Harry managed to visit his grandmother's grave, who is buried alongside her husband, Prince Philip.
He then headed to the Invictus Games in Germany, spending just 24-hours on UK soil.
Most read in Celebrity
Paris Fury reveals Gypsy tradition she’ll be happy for her kids to ignore
How warped trolls are waging war on celeb mums with sick game to take kids away
Meghan ‘takes the lead’ at A-list charity event ahead of ‘sheepish’ Harry
Mum-of-22 Sue Radford takes family on another trip days after Millie gave birth
It is unclear whether the King was aware of the accommodation saga between the Royal Household and the Sussexes representatives.
UK accommodation arrangements for the Sussexes has been thrown into disarray since they were evicted from their former home Frogmore Cottage in February.
Source: Read Full Article