Merino Wool clothing brand wool& is extremely low on inventory right now after a viral challenge has sparked “an amazing amount of interest” in its clothing. The 100-day dress challenge was created by the brand to encourage people to wear wool in order to spend less time and money on washing, buy less clothes, and reduce the impact fast fashion has on the planet. If you can wear the dress for a full 100 days (nearly three and a half months), you’ll get a £70 voucher to use at wool&. Sound interesting? Here’s everything you need to know.
Fancy winning a £70 gift voucher to eco-friendly luxury wool brand wool&?
You’ll have to purchase one of their dresses and then wear it every single day for 100 days first!
The average person in the UK buys 26.7kg of new clothing every single year and fast fashion is the second largest pollutant in the world, after the oil industry.
If you’d like to save money while saving the world and spend less time doing laundry, look no further than the 100 Day Dress Challenge.
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
There are seven reasons why people are opting for the 100 Day Dress Challenge. The site explains:
- Spend less time and money doing laundry and dry cleaning (duh!).
- Learn how to get more wear out of a garment (e.g. when you spill on your dress, you’ll immediately take action to clean it since you’re wearing it again tomorrow!).
- Recognise what you need and don’t need in your wardrobe.
- Realise that your clothing isn’t what defines you (have you heard of the spotlight effect? It’s a phenomenon in which people tend to believe they are being noticed more than they really are.)
- Have more money to spend on experiences with the people that make you the happiest.
- Reduce your impact on the planet when you realise you don’t need a closet packed full of clothing.
- If you complete the challenge, we’ll gift you $100 (£70) toward your next wool& dress.
More than 1,000 people have completed the 100-Day Dress Challenge and received a gift voucher from wool& so far.
The impressive challenge involves wearing the same merino wool dress for 100 days, come rain or shine and the only catch is you’ll need to snap a photo every single day to prove you haven’t slacked.
To take part, you’ll need to submit your email into the box at the bottom of this page and purchase any of the wool& dresses.
Once you’ve got the gear, you know what to do! Just don’t forget to take a photo every day and store it in a Google Drive or Dropbox folder to share at the end of the challenge.
Alternatively, you can upload the pictures to an Instagram or Facebook account, hashtag #wooland and #100daydresschallenge and @wool.and
When the 100 days are up, email [email protected] and either alert the team about your social media uploads or send over the folder of pictures so they can confirm you have completed the challenge.
The voucher may not arrive for two months, but be patient – it will come!
How often can you wash the wool& dress?
The dresses are odour-resistant and temperature-regulating, so they don’t need to be washed nearly as often as your regular dress.
One woman who completed the challenge washed her dress once throughout the duration of the 100 Day challenge, while another felt she wanted to wash it once or twice a week.
There are no rules on how much or how little you need to wash the dress – it’s totally up to your discretion.
You might prefer to wash it a few times a week or you may only need to spot treat specific areas.
Source: Read Full Article