EXPLORING some of the UK's most beautiful landscapes is always a pleasure, and even more so when you can admire them from the comfort of a train.
For those who want play it safe and stick to a British break for their holiday this year, a rail tour holiday is an excellent option.
We've found the best ones which, once we can travel again, you can hop on to right away.
Whether you see yourself steaming through the Cotswolds and cruising the River Avon or taking a nostalgic trip on some of Scotland's most celebrated railways, there's something for everyone.
Some of the best deals are:
- Newmarket Holidays Scottish Highland Railways break from £609pp (Quote OFFER10 and save ten per cent)
- Newmarket Holidays Historic Railways of Isle of Man break from £609pp (Quote OFFER10 and save ten per cent)
- Just Go Holidays Isle of Wight – Royals & Rails break from £269pp
- Just Go Holidays The Lovely English Lake District break from £329pp
- Just Go Holidays The Lakes & Dales – Narrowboat, Steam and Sail break from £189pp
- Just Go Holidays Little Trains of Norfolk & the Mississippi Paddle Steamer break from £329pp
- Just Go Holidays The Fry's Chocolate Steam Train and Bristol Harbour Cruise break from £199pp
- Just Go Holiday Steaming through the Cotswolds and cruising the River Avon break from £279pp
- Great Rail Journeys Railways and Castles of Wales tour from £695pp
- Great Rail Journeys South Devon and the Dawlish Coast tour from £545pp
- Great Rail Journeys Edinburgh Tattoo and Stirling Castle tour from £645pp
There are a mix of rail tours holidays and even a heritage steam train journey.
Many of the breaks include time for you to explore picturesque towns and countryside in between time on the train.
Self-catered holidays are welcoming guests back again from April 12, which includes sites such as caravan parks, but only with one household sharing a property.
From May 17, groups of up to six people from different households or unlimited numbers of people from two households can share a holiday let together.
From June 21, there will be no restrictions on group sizes for holidays.
It's worth noting though, that the dates for coming out of lockdown are not set in stone.
Holidays will only happen on the condition that coronavirus cases continue to fall and vaccines still roll out at pace.
If you're looking for more staycation inspiration, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools and campsites with availability for summer.
There are also great UK coach trips for families, holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article