Everyone loves the sweet, caramel flavour of Biscoff spread – and in 2020 it became one of our favourite baking ingredients.
And, it looks like the trend is carrying on into 2021!
People have been sharing their bakes online – and Biscoff doughnuts are growing in popularity.
The delicious treats were spotted on foodie Eloise Head’s Instagram page @fitwafflekitchen.
Eloise said: "I absolutely love baked doughnuts and it was only right to make a Biscoff one!
“These literally melt in your mouth and that Biscoff glaze is super addictive (might have had a few spoonfuls in the process)."
What's your favourite treat to bake? Tell us in the comments…
To make the home cook’s treats just follow her recipe below:
- 200g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30g butter
- 80ml milk
- Biscoff biscuits
- Biscoff spread
- Vanilla extract
- 145g icing sugar
- Splash of milk
Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories – sign up today
- Add the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add a generous amount of Biscoff spread (as much as you like!)
- Transfer the mix into your doughnut mould and bake for around 10-15 minutes.
- While cooking, combine icing sugar, milk, vanilla extract and Biscoff spread into a bowl to make your glaze.
- Once the doughnuts are out of the oven and cool, dip into the glaze and top with crumbled Biscoff for a finishing touch.
These treats look so delicious, we can’t wait to try making them ourselves this weekend.
Whether you're whipping them up for yourself or for family we're sure these tasty doughnuts will be admired by all.
Source: Read Full Article