- Hotels.com is giving away a discounted, five-night stay in an underground, New Mexico cave during election week to help people de-stress.
- Those hoping to win the trip will have to be the first to book their stay through the company's website on October 9 at 9 a.m. EST.
- The winner will also have to pay $25 for the trip.
- For those who don't score the unique vacation, Hotels.com is offering 20% off select properties with "rock" in the name.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Between the pandemic, murder hornets, swarms of locusts, and a US presidential election, 2020 has been intense, and we don't blame you for wanting to get away from it all. This election season, Hotels.com wants you to live under a rock — literally — to relieve any stress.
After casting your ballot — by mail, absentee, or early voting — in the 2020 election, take an off-the-grid trip to this man-made cave built 50 feet below ground.
From November 2 through November 7, enjoy five nights of stress-free isolation as you relax in these rustic underground accommodations in New Mexico.
Plus, the entire five-night stay will cost just $25 for the lucky traveler who snags this once-in-a-lifetime booking. The booking will go live on the Hotels.com Under a Rock website on Friday, October 9, at 9 a.m. EST, so be sure to have your laptop ready if you hope to score this deal.
Jennifer Dohm, head of Hotels.com PR and social media for North America, told Travel + Leisure, "We know that election season can be really draining and stressful, so we turned an age old idiom into a unique overnight stay that could really only exist in a year like 2020."
She added: "Now, travelers can finally catch a break from all of that nonstop election doom scrolling and go live under a rock — literally!"
Don't worry if you miss your chance to book this unique dwelling for an election week getaway. Hotels.com is offering 20% off select properties with "rock" in the name, so you can use the code UnderARock starting this Friday at 9 a.m. to book your own vacation.
Hotels.com also offers more than 250,000 vacation homes — ranging from caves to beach villas to quaint cottages — in addition to the hotels and resorts you find on the website.
Source: Read Full Article