More often adored for cold weather lures rather than hot weather tours, a summer vacation in the Caribbean is easy on the wallet and a great way to audition an island before spending the big bucks for a winter vacation.
There’s no shortage of beach chairs, flights are plenty and hotels are dishing up perks galore.
Shake it up this summer and swap those backyard barbecues and buggy city nights for breezy trade winds and bargains on the beach.
Jamaica is red hot during the summer with affordable beds for heads and Sumfest; Caribbean’s biggest reggae blowout from July 14-20.
- For music fans, hotels are discounting rates like at the oh-so-hip S Hotel Jamaica on the Hip Strip in Montego Bay, where a nightly stay starts at $179 and Half Moon Resort, where luxury is on sale with nightly rates, including airport transfers, starting at $222.30 for four-night stays.
- Island cool in Negril, Sunset at the Palms is a treehouse-style adults-only resort with all-inclusive rates starting at $152 per person, compared to $215 during high season. Fun all summer, the funky hotel hosts Jamaica-Rama, chockablock with mixology classes with the bartenders and lunch with the affable goats who call the hotel home.
- More all-inclusive beach bargains can be found at Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort nearby the waterfalls in Ocho Rios, where nightly rates start at $137 per person, compared to $196 during peak season. Perks include unlimited play at Runaway Bay Golf Club.
- Also in Ocho Rios, Moon Palace is a 704-room all-inclusive playground on the beach with summer nightly rates starting at $264 per person with gratis play and stay for kids. The same room goes for $376 in high season. Families staying five to eight nights get a generous $1,500 resort credit that buys spa treatments, catamaran sails and swims with the dolphins. Extras include 24-hour room service and free phone calls to the U.S.
- Fifteen minutes from Sangster International Airport, Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa is all-inclusive with the Caribbean’s first Himalayan salt lounge and a Kids Club. Ridiculously affordable, nightly rates for an Ocean Front Junior Suite start at $185 per person in July and $149 in August, compared to $219 during the winter.
- The granddaddy of all-inclusives, Sandals Montego Bay is also on sale with nightly rates for seven-night stays starting at $544 in July and $538 in August. During high season, rates for the same room go for $669.
- West of Montego Bay, Round Hill Hotel & Villas has long been the vacation haven for discerning guests like President John F. Kennedy, who penned the famous “Ask not what you can do for your country” 1961 inaugural address in Villa 25. Designed by Ralph Lauren, nightly rates start at $439 during the summer, compared to a heftier $804 in the winter.
Source: Read Full Article