HUNGRY Horse has launched its new Christmas specials menu stuffed with festive twists on pub classics.
Diners at the chain can tuck into the Festive Turkey Burger, a fried turkey katsu curry, Christmas mac & cheese and seasonal version of the "Mix It Up Big Plate Special".
There's loads of exciting sides available too including "Loaded Roasties", which are roast potatoes topped with chopped pigs in blankets, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy.
The chain has even added battered sprouts to its menu, perhaps hoping to find new fans for the divisive veg.
On the dessert menu there's a festive sundae made from warm Christmas pudding layered with chocolate and vanilla flavour ice cream, drizzled with toffee sauce and topped with whipped cream.
The full Hungry Horse Christmas menu
Here’s everything on the new Hungry Horse Christmas specials menu:
- Festive Turkey Burger – Buttermilk fried turkey burger with cheese, pig in blanket, stuffing, BBQ cranberry sauce, tomato, lettuce, red onion and mayonnaise in a toasted bun with fries
- Fried Turkey Katsu curry – Buttermilk turkey breast topped with Katsu curry sauce, spring onion and coriander. Served with pilau rice and chips
- Christmas Mac & Cheese – Macaroni cheese topped with battered sprouts, brie, cranberry sauce and crumbled sage & onion stuffing. Served with garlic bread
- ‘Mix It Up’ Big Plate Special – two fried buttermilk turkey fillets served on a bed of onions and peppers with a choice of two sides
- Pig in blankets
- Loaded Roasties – roast potatoes topped with chopped pigs in blankets, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy
- Battered sprouts -Served with a dressed salad garnish and a jug of gravy for dipping
- Christmas Pudding Sundae – Warm Christmas pudding layered with chocolate and vanilla flavour ice creams, drizzled with toffee sauce and topped with whipped cream
The Christmas Specials are available at all open Hungry Horse pubs nationwide throughout the festive period.
A main meal starts from as little as £5.99, but prices vary from pub to pub so check your local for further details.
The festive dishes are also all available in Hungry Horse’s daily offers so if you check at your local you might be able to score a real bargain.
You can find your nearest Hungry Horse and view the specials menus using the restaurant finder tool.
Due to the pandemic, the chain is charging a £5 booking fee per person for festive meals, but this is then deducted from your bill.
Lots of locations are also currently offering click and collect takeaway, so you can even enjoy your meal from home.
Most Hungry Horse pubs also have set Christmas meal menus available, where you can tuck into a Christmas roast or other festive options.
Some locations also have other festive specials available including pies, pizzas and Wellingtons.
All the Christmas specials are available until January 1 2021.
Wetherspoon’s Christmas menu 2020 includes a brie and bacon burger but there’s no turkey dinner.
The best Christmas menus including KFC’s gravy burger and McDonald’s double Big Mac.
Asda has launched a Christmas dinner meal box that will feed eight people and it costs just £15.
Source: Read Full Article