PSL lovers, assemble – you can now have your favourite drink and eat it, too.
We’re being quite literal, actually.
As Halloween rolls around and you start carving pumpkins, get an extra one for your baking needs – and try a super-easy recipe for pumpkin spiced cookies, courtesy of Flora.
The buttery treats require just four steps to make (not counting turning the oven on) and you like have most of the ingredients at home already.
- 125g Flora butter (or any other butter you have)
- 200g caster sugar
- 0.5 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp ground cardamom
- 150g pumpkin (grated)
How to make pumpkin spiced cookies
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven), gas mark six and line two trays with baking paper.
- Mix the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth. Then add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom. Stir well until combined.
- Finally add the pumpkin and mix.
- Using a tablespoon, plop the dough out onto the baking trays, leaving some space between each cookie in case they spread in the oven. Flatten each cookie slightly using your hand or a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until light brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack before serving.
Voilà – perfect pumpkin spiced cookies.
Pair with a PSL, of course.
Do you have a story you’d like to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article