Woman warns NEVER to use Primark nail glue after it 'burns' through her socks in shocking TikTok

A WOMAN has warned people to avoid using Primark nail glue after it “burned” through her sock in a shocking TikTok video. 

User @nobeefjustchicken demonstrated chopping a tube of the adhesive in half, before applying it to a sock and filming it “burning” through the fabric. 

She captioned the video: “Why you shouldn’t buy nail glue from Primark. Poor sock.”

At the end of her TikTok video, which has racked up 1.7million views, the sock can be seen damaged by what she claims to be the Primark product. 

Many people were shocked by the video, but said that the “burning” effect happens when most nail glues are applied to fabric. 

One person wrote: “This is a common reaction to nail glue chemicals, the reaction causes heat. Like super glue.”

Another person wrote: “Well yea cause its literally superglue which reacts with cotton.”

Meanwhile one commented: “Omg this is so bad. Thanks for sharing.”

This follows a schoolgirl being left with serious burns after spilling a few drops of Primark nail glue on her leggings – causing them to melt in plumes of toxic smoke.

Last year, little Lilly Worsfold, 11, was engulfed in a toxic cloud after the 60p adhesive made contact with the cotton-and-Lycra garment.

Primark launched an urgent investigation into the product after Lilly’s mum Louise posted a shocking video of the dramatic chemical reaction.

Louise pulled over immediately and removed Lilly’s leggings, swabbing the burned areas with wet tissues before driving to nearby St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey.

They assessed the injuries and referred Lilly to a specialist burns unit in East Grinstead, West Sussex.

Doctors conducted tests which showed the burns were quite deep, and may require skin grafts.

A Primark spokesman said at the time: “We take the safety of our customers and the quality of our products very seriously. This nail glue complies fully with EU standards for safety, quality and product labelling.

"The glue is made of two ingredients which are both commonly used in similar products sold by retailers across the high street. The ingredients are listed on the product packaging alongside the required warnings about skin contact.

"We were very sorry to learn of this customer’s experience and are in touch with her so we can investigate her complaint.”

Meanwhile a shopper suffered ‘third degree burns’ after Primark nail glue ‘burned through her leggings’.

And another 11-year-old suffered similar burns after "dripping Primark false nail glue on her leg".

Source: Read Full Article