Home Bargains' slime advent calendar is being flogged for up to £40 on eBay, as parents scramble to get their hands on the sell-out Christmas countdown.
But don't panic if you missed out on the gooey favourite, craft loving mums and dads can make their own versions at home for a third of the price at £12.18.
For the advent calendar itself, we'd recommend buying the little houses one from Etsy – so you can decide whether you want to do 12 Days of Christmas or go for the full 24.
It comes as a PDF – so you need to print, cut and assemble the houses yourself – but at £4.38 it's by far the cheapest option we could find.
Now for the fun part. You can create glittery, fluffy slime for just £7.80 using the ingredients below.
Your shopping list
- Little Houses DIY Advent Calendar, £4.38, Etsy – buy here
- Baking Soda, £1, The Range – buy here
- ReNu MPS Sensitive Eyes, £3.95, Lentiamo – buy here
- Basics Shaving Foam, 50p, Sainsbury's (optional) – buy here
- Clear Washable PVA Glue, £1.99, Baker Ross – buy here
- Cake Decor Purple Colour Gel, £1.35, Morrisons – buy here
- Six Glitter Tubes, £1, The Works (optional) – buy here
- Or skip the last three steps, and get:
- Elmers Glitter Glue in pink, £6.87, Amazon – buy here
Some vloggers, like Gillian Bower who has 2.2 million YouTube subscribers, recommend using Elmers Glitter Glue, which cuts out the need to add glitter and food colouring yourself.
But, costing £6.47, this method will put your total price up to £17.69.
What to do
In more Christmas shopping news, ASOS is selling novelty blankets for £22 – and the sloth one is a must for cosying up this Christmas.
While B&M is selling matching mini me unicorn PJs for mum and daughters priced from £8.99… and Khloe Kardashian would approve.
And these are the best value advent calendars for food including chocolate, sweets and cheese.
Source: Read Full Article