Dad, brother, boyfriend, husband, it’s all the same – he’s likely to have opened at least 20 pairs of socks in the past decade, one too many Toblerones and a tie (if he’s lucky).
This Christmas you should get creative and, no, that doesn’t mean making a mug plastered with your fondest photographic memories…
You want to give something that will actually use.
Fabulous has one golden rule to abide by when shopping for men: it should strike the balance between functional and luxury but still be more of a 'want' than a 'need'.
Whether its kitsch stocking fillers, grooming kits or luxury items you're eyeing up – following our guide to find the perfect present for him:
Male grooming is a booming market and with good reason, why shouldn't men pamper themselves?
Naturally, Clinique's gift set comes packaged in a minimalist steel grey box, but what's inside is just as good as the stuff you buy for yourself.
More playful is Johnny's Chop Shop which caters to anything beard (very manly) and makes everything from clips and combs to luxurious oils…all for facial hair, no matter how small or big.
- Clinique for Men Essentials Oil Control Set, £64 from Look Fantastic – buy here
- Johnny's Chop Shop Superior Grooming kit, £20 from Boots – buy here
Mr. Black's cold-brew coffee liqueur is the definition of sophistication – it tastes more like coffee, and less sickly sweet than the likes of Kahlua or Tia Maria.
Treat him to a bottle of the good stuff: Mr. Black's can be whipped up into an espresso martini or drank neat over ice after Christmas dinner.
For more traditional sorts, whisky is the way to go – we love Marks & Spencer's Kenmore set which comes complete with a box of delicious shortbread biscuits.
- Mr. Black's coffee liquer, £30 from Amazon – buy here
- The Connoisseur’s Choice Whisky and Shortbread Gift Selection, £35 from Marks & Spencer's – buy here
- BOSS Bottled Night EDT 200ML, £85 from Look Fantastic – buy here
- Dior Sauvage EDT 100m, £63 from Feel Unique – buy here
Don't want to risk beauty sets just yet? You can't go wrong with fragrance.
Boss bottled is an all time classic that will take the risk out of buying while Dior Sauvage is a newer fragrance fronted by Johnny Depp (if only it came with his smouldering good looks).
Feel Unique offer a personalisation service for only £4.95 which will make your gift that bit more special.
Christmas is for lounging and elasticated waists to hide a multitude of sins.
If he's older and into little luxuries, try investing in sheepskin slippers – we like UGG's original kind or Peter Werth's cheaper version (£35 – buy here).
For sportier kinds, try a simple pair of joggers – H&Ms pair comes with a matching sweatshirts (£8.99 – buy here) so you can create a tracksuit.
- UGG Men S Scuff, £80 from Kurt Geiger – buy here
- Jersey joggers, £17.99 from H&M – buy here
Christmas is for cosying up by the fire but not many men own the right attire for this…or at least, they don't tend to buy it for themselves.
David Gandy's range for M&S channels classic masculinity (think James Bond, off-duty) in neutral hues like navy blue.
For something even more classic, try a pair of flannel pyjamas in stripe or a Christmassy tartan.
- Flannel pyjamas, £29.90 from Uniqlo – buy here
- David Gandy for Autograph dressing down, £65 from Marks & Spencer – buy here
Feel like spoiling him? Up your price point but still shop for functional things.
Michael Kors' watches come in every shade, size and metal so you can go all out blingy in bright gold or minimalist in steel.
Alternatively, treat him to a leather hold-all – they get better and better with age…just like men.
- Michael Kors stainless steel watch, £165 from Ernest Jones – buy here
- Leather weekend bag, £149.99 from H&M – buy here
If you're stretched for funds, think utility.
ASOS do a great range of stocking fillers for under £20.
We picked out this mini phone charger (because who doesn't need one of these) and crepe protects shoe protector.
- Crep protect standard spray, £10 from Amazon – buy here
- Portable phone charger, £7.99 from Amazon – buy here
We need to talk about tech: it feels like luxury while still fulfilling that childlike need to play.
Fresh 'N Rebel's headphones are made from khaki leather, so the feel more stylish than most. The wireless part is a big bonus; they’ll instantly solve those detangling woes on the way to work and makes post-festivity runs just a bit more bearable.
A Fitbit will also come in handy when the dreaded new year health kick comes around – it tracks steps, heart rate, calorie consumption and even sleep patterns.
- Fitbit Alta HR, from £99 from Fitbit – buy here
- Wireless headphones, £40 from Fresh 'N Rebel at Urban Outfitters – buy here
If Christmas gifts aren't really your thing or funds are limited, look to novelty presents.
Gift Republic's boozy baubles hang on the tree and work just as well as a drinking game post-dinner or as a unique decoration for the tree.
An upgrade from the classic Christmas cracker, Thumbs Up toilet paper is printed all over with festive jokes.
- Gift Republic boozy baubles, £10.95 for 6 from Getting Personal – buy here
- Thumbs Up joke loo roll, £4.99 from Peacocks – buy here
It can be hard to buy clothes for men so the golden rule is to keep it simple.
For streetwear heads and label fiends, Tommy Jeans' logo T-shirt is a winner.
Uniqlo's jacket taps into minialist trends with its boxy silhouette but opens to reveal a cosy padded lining -it comes in loads of colours, too.
- Tommy jeans slogan T-shirt, £35 from Urban Outfitters – buy here
- Padded jacket, £109.90 from Uniqlo – buy here
You can never go wrong with knitwear at Christmas.
Boden's Fair Isle sweater is the perfect festive piece.
Uniqlo is the place to go for minimalist basics in high quality lambswool or cashmere.
- Premium lambswool jumper, £24.90 from Uniqlo – buy here
- Fair Isle jumper, £80 from Boden – buy here
You can always play it safe and buy him a scarf, hat or pair of gloves.
J by Jasper Conran's scarf is knitted from sumptuous cashmere and currently on a buy-one-get-half-price deal – get in there fast.
A slightly more youthful accessory but sophisticate nevertheless, Uniqlo's baseball cap has a cool cashmere and wool texture.
- J by Jasper Conran cashmere scarf, £45 from Debenhams – buy here
- Wool and cashmere-blend cap, £14.90 by Uniqlo – buy here
Before you've got to the gifts, it's all about buying this year's buzziest beauty advent calendars.
It's the No7 calendar in particular that people are going mad for, at one point it had a waiting list of 88,000.
Or, why not treat your loved one to a Bailey's Christmas calendar? They're filled mini bottles of booze and tasty truffles.
Source: Read Full Article