Strictly: Motsi Mabuse scores Maisie and Gorka a nine
James Jordan, 42, had tweeted that he was “glad” he didn’t have to perform in a dance like the show’s Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert inspired opening number while he was on Strictly Come Dancing. The former pro dancer then responded to claims from some Twitter users that he does not agree with “men dressing as women” following his comments.
Not my style
On Saturday, Strictly opened with professional dancers, including Gorka Marquez and Giovanni Pernice, performing in drag to a number from the smash hit musical.
James typed: “Well I have to say I’m glad I never had to dance in a pro dance like that.
“I’m sure many of you enjoyed it which is fine, just not my style #StrictlyComeDancing.”
Underneath, some fans commented that they had loved the routine, and argued that James should try to be more “inclusive” with his tweets.
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
One said: “Have to say I’ve watched since the beginning and loved that routine. Dances evolve and it’s nice to see them be inclusive.”
Another replied: “I’m really surprised at this tweet because I don’t understand the reasoning behind it! I love to read your critiques on a Saturday night, I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion this seems odd! It was bound to incite a lot of negativity, I’d have kept it to myself.”
A third typed: “Why James?! Was it the style of dancing?!”
James responded by sharing a clip of him dressed as a woman dancing alongside his wife Ola Jordan to All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor.
He wrote alongside the video: “For anyone saying I have a problem with men dressing up as a woman…
“Also Ola might have a few somewhere on her phone [laughing emoji].”
Following his second tweet, some fans supported the star, as they said he was entitled to have his opinion on the show.
One typed: “I’m with you James, nothing to do with being homophobic, I love any dancing.
Giovanni Pernice breaks silence on ‘beautiful’ Strictly partner Ranvir (PHOTOS)
Laurence Fox blasts ‘morally superior’ Piers Morgan in fierce row (NEWS)
JJ Chalmers: Strictly Come Dancing star addresses difficulty (LATEST)
“But I do prefer old school, why not do a formation dance like Come Dancing back in the day.”
Another agreed: “I didn’t enjoy it, it’s not the strictly dances that were in the beginning. It’s not proper ballroom dancing.”
While a third said: “Don’t think it was Anton’s either, he just blended in the background.”
It comes as James admitted that he thinks Anton should have stayed on the Strictly Come Dancing judging panel after he briefly filled in for Motsi Mabuse recently.
Anton stepped in for Motsi after she was forced to miss two weeks of live shows after being made to self-isolate following an “urgent” trip to Germany.
James, who previously danced on Strictly until he left the show back in 2013, said that Anton should have been allowed to stay on the panel as a fourth judge.
He explained to Ladbrokes: “Having three judges this year clearly makes the possibility of ties more likely. The more judges you have the more variation you have in scores.
“This is exactly why I thought Anton would be a great addition to the panel in Bruno’s [Tonioli] absence this year, to still have four judges, as when there’s three it’s inevitable you will have more tied scores from them.”
Source: Read Full Article